Freehold Games, LLC
Based in South Bend, IN and Berkeley, CA
October 24, 2014
PC / Mac / Linux
Bring civilization to Sproggiwood, a story-driven, turn-based roguelike set in a humorous world inspired by Finnish mythology. One moment, you're a simple farmer tending your grove -- the next, you’re lured through a mysterious portal by a talking sheep. Now you’re the prisoner of Sproggi, a mischievous forest spirit who tasks you with taming the monsters of its realm. But things go awry when you discover a new civilization -- will you befriend these curious newcomers, or will you crush them and claim Sproggiwood for your own?
Sproggiwood was first conceived as a story-driven, micro-roguelike game in the Summer of 2012. It's been in development since then.
- A wondrous and humorous setting inspired by Finnish mythology
- Brain-churning tactical combat vs. an assortment of creative monsters and traps
- Six unique, customizable classes: simple farmer, brave warrior, merry archer, cunning thief, brainy wizard, and creepy vampire
- Procedural dungeons filled to the brim with scrolls, potions, swords, and staves
- Town decoration mode with buildings, trees, roads, and villagers
Sproggiwood Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
About Freehold Games, LLC
Freehold Games is a tiny indie studio founded by Brian Bucklew and Jason Grinblat. We make games built on two design pillars: 1) Bizarre, baroque, original settings. We share an eclectic love for the natural and humanistic worlds and it compels us to sculpt immersive settings out of their varied clays. 2) Generativity. Emergence is fascinating to us; we love to be surprised by what we make. So we build complex systems then let players collide them, and together we observe the results.
More information on Freehold Games, LLC, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Designer, Writer